Persons wishing to obtain a license to marry in Massachusetts must appear together in person to file their intentions to marry with any Massachusetts City or Town Clerk at least three days before the ceremony (except for in cases where one person is in the military or incarcerated). You also must show picture ID (passport, driver's license, etc.).
In Boxborough, the cost of filing for a marriage license is $40.00, which includes the license and two certified copies. The license is valid for sixty days, and may be used for a ceremony conducted in any Massachusetts city or town. The member of the clergy or Justice of the Peace who performs the ceremony must sign the license and return it to the city or town where it was issued before any copies can be issued.
For further information contact the Boxborough Town Clerk's Office at 978-264-1727, or the Mass. Secretary of State's Commissions Section at (617) 727-2836.
It is recommended that you call the Town Clerk in advance to schedule an appointment.
- Absentee Ballot Application
- Absentee Ballot Application by a Family Member
- Business Certificate Information and Application
- Conflict of Interest Law
- Dog License Information
- Early Voting FAQs
- Election Calendar for 2016
- Election Results From Previous Elections
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Historical Town Records
- Kennel License Application
- Open Meeting Law
- Public Records Requests
- Running for Town Office
- Town Bylaws
- Town Clerk Fees
- Town Meeting Warrants and Minutes
- Voter Registration Information