Due to the current COVID-19 State of Emergency - Inspections will be limited to unoccupied construction projects.
However the Building Department will continue to provide services even though Town Hall and the Building Department are closed to the public.
1. Building Inspector, Bentley Herget wil be checking emails, calls and messages. *Inspections will only be done on unoccupied construction projects.*
2. Limited video inspections will be allowed per 780 CMR R104.4 - contact BICAO Herget for more information
3. Pictures will be accepted, for review, thru email for small projects.
4. No final inspections will be done unless it is an unoccupied building.
7. All permit applications (Click Here to access forms) can still be submitted; completed applications can be placed in the drop box main entrance Town Hall or mailed to: 29 Middle Rd. Boxborough, Ma. 01719
7. Electrical, Gas and Plumbing inspections will be following the same guidelines as above.
8. For Planning Board, Conservation Commission or Zoning Regulations questions or filings please go to those pages on the Town's website.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this challenging time.
Bentley Herget Certified Building Official
The Boxborough Building Department is responsible for administering Massachusetts General Laws, Building, Electrical, Plumbing, and Gas Codes, Architectural Access Board regulations, and General and Zoning Bylaws of the Town of Boxborough as they relate to demolition, construction, reconstruction, and occupancy of buildings and structures.
NOTE: As of January 1, 2018 the State of Massachusetts has adopted into law the 9th edition of the Building Code. It is comprised of the following:
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Building Code (Commercial, including three families on up)
- 2015 International Existing Building Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 International Swimming Pool Code
As Amended by the Massachusetts Board of Building Regulators & Standards.
Please keep in mind that a homeowner’s insurance policy may not cover work performed without a proper permit or properly licensed discipline. Securing a building/electrical/plumbing/gas permit is a benefit to you, as it allows an inspection to take place to insure that all work has been performed in accordance to the ever changing codes. Please see Permit Requirements for more information.