The Town of Boxborough offers free social service referrals for residents of all ages as part of the Council on Aging & Community Services department.
A range of assistance may be available to you including:
- Applying to Affordable Housing waitlists
- Screening and application assistance for MassHealth, SNAP, and other Department of Transitional Assistance benefits
- Resource lists for local childcare providers, elder law and estate attorneys, disability advocacy resources, medical/behavioral health providers, and more
- Referral to local organizations for one-time financial assistance for urgent bills
It is recommended that residents call to schedule an initial intake appointment: 978-264-1734.
- Mass Health Connector to apply online for MassHealth and other health insurance options
- Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA)
- Massachusetts 211 for a variety of info and referrals
- Massachusetts Substance Abuse Helpline-search for substance abuse treatment facilities
- William James College Interface - referrals for behavioral health providers accepting your insurance plans
- Southern Middlesex Opportunity Council (SMOC) for information about housing programs, HeadStart, WIC, and more