Financial Relief During COVID-19
Updated 3/16/2020, 12:00pm:
Based on Governor Baker’s recommendations all Council on Aging & Community Services activities, programming, and classes are canceled until further notice. This includes the COA van service, which is also suspended as of 3/16/2020.
HOW TO ACCESS ASSISTANCE
- The Acton-Boxborough Regional School District will offer bag lunches to families Tuesday 3/17, Thursday 3/19, and Friday 3/20 for pick-up outside the main entrance of the High School. Pick up time will be from 11:30am – 1pm. Individuals picking up bag lunches should not enter the school and practice social distancing measures.
- The Acton-Boxborough Food Pantry will have modified food distribution services, contact 978-635-9295 to learn more.
- Call your grocery store to inquire about delivery services. Some local businesses are temporarily waiving fees associated with this service.
- Call your pharmacy and medical provider to inquire about prescription delivery services. Some local businesses are temporarily waiving fees associated with this service.
- Acton-Boxborough Neighbor Brigade may be able to help with food and prescription deliveries during this crisis. Visit www.neighborbrigade.org or call 855-241-4357 to request assistance. YOU MAY ALSO SIGN UP TO BE A NEIGHBOR BRIGADE VOLUNTEER AND HELP LOCAL RESIDENTS IN NEED.
- Many companies, including utility companies, are making changes to their billing and policies during the COVID-19 situation. This may include reduced costs, waiving late fees, postponing shut offs, providing discounted or new services, etc. Please call or visit your providers’ websites to stay informed.
Help Paying Bills
- The COA & Community Services department will continue managing requests for assistance and working with local organizations such as A Friend In need, the AB United Way, and St Vincent de Paul Society to help residents with urgent bills. Call 978-264-1734 to request support.
- Massachusetts has launched the statewide 2-1-1 helpline for residents to get up to date information about COVID-19 prevention, information about testing, and referrals to local assistance. Dial 2-1-1 from a telephone or visit www.mass211.org for more information.
For updates and ongoing information during the COVID-19 crisis, please check the town website frequently at: www.boxborough-ma.gov and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health COVID-19 resource page: https://www.mass.gov/resource/information-on-the-outbreak-of-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19