This page lists information about local volunteer organizations and COVID-19 fundraising efforts
Sign Up to Volunteer
- UCC Boxborough Coronavirus Connection Team: SIGN UP HERE
- Be matched with a neighbor to check in by telephone and help pick up groceries, medications, or other necessities.
- Submit your own requests for mutual aid HERE.
- Acton-Boxborough Neighbor Brigade: SIGN UP HERE
- Are you a current or former healthcare worker? Volunteer your services statewide through the MA Responds portal: Health Professional Volunteer for COVID-19 Relief
- Find or promote your own local mutual aid groups through the AARP Community Connections search tool.
- Donate to the Acton-Boxborough United Way COVID-19 Impact Fund
- Donate to the Neighbor Brigade COVID-19 Relief Go Fund Me campaign.
- Visit the Emerson Hospital COVID-19 resource page to learn how to donate medical supplies, make masks or face shields, and donate blood:
- Donate or sell Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) through the Massachusetts COVID-19 PPE Procurement and Donation Program: LEARN MORE.
Make Your Own Safety Plan
Help your neighbors by first planning for your own needs. Follow these tips:
- Identify 3 family members, friends, or neighbors you can call to help get supplies if you are unable to leave your home.
- Contact your pharmacy and medical providers to obtain a 90-day supplie of necessary medications and arrange for delivery services.
- Follow Physical Distancing guidelines if you shop for your neighbors:
- Use "hands free" exchange practices such as: leaving items on a doorstep for your neighbor to bring inside, avoid handling cash by using bank apps or checks to reimburse one another for expenses.
- Keep 6-feet of distance between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer when you are unable to wash with soap and water.
- Sneeze or cough into a disposable tissue or your elbow.
- Stay connected!
- "Visit" with friends or neighbors via social media.
- Enjoy time outdoors for exercise and leave plenty of space between yourself and others while walking the neighborhood or conservation trails.
- Take your workouts virtual through Zoom and other platforms offered by many health and wellness organizations.
Updated 4/9/2020, 1:00a9pm