For a summary of Town Clerk responsibilities, watch the Town Clerk / Town Moderator Citizens' Academy Presentation here.
The Town Clerk is the official keeper of records for the Town of Boxborough. The office handles the recording and preservation of town records, including:
- Bylaws of the Town of Boxborough
- Birth, death, marriage certificates
- Board of Appeals filings and decisions
- Recording the annual town census and street list
- Posting notification of all meetings of all town governmental bodies
- Town meeting warrant and minutes certification of all actions voted at town meetings
Permits & Licenses
The Town Clerk is responsible for issuing permits and licenses, including:
- Burial Permits
- Business Certificates
- Dog Licenses
- Marriage Licenses
- Permits for Raffles and Bazaars
The Town Clerk is the chief election officer of the town and oversees all local, state and federal elections, including:
- Certification of candidates’ nomination papers and petition articles
- Supervision of voter registration
- Issuing of absentee ballots
- Oversees local, state and federal elections
- Reporting and certifying election results
Open Meeting & Conflict of Interest Law
The Town Clerk is responsible for disseminating information on Open Meeting Law and Conflict of Interest Law.
Forms & Applications
Resources for Boards and Committees
- 10 Reasons for Executive Session (PDF)
- Checklist for Creating and Approving Minutes (PDF)
- Executive Session Minute Template (PDF)
- Executive Session Minutes FAQ (PDF)
- Meeting Minutes Template (PDF)
- Meeting Notice (Agenda) Template (PDF)
- How, when, and where do I register to vote?
- How, when, and where do I vote?
- How do I get an absentee ballot?
- Do I need a Business Certificate (DBA)? How do I obtain one?
- How do I obtain a copy of a birth, marriage, or death certificate?
- How do I obtain a dog license?
- How do I obtain a marriage license?