Ballots for the November 3 Presidential/State Election have been mailed. To track your ballot, click on the link: Track My Ballot
Notice to Election Observers: Anyone interested in "observing" the election process on November 3 must notify the Town Clerk in writing by noon on Friday, October 30. Given the necessity of maintaining adequate social distancing, space for observers will be limited. Use the "Town Clerk Contact Form" link in the right hand column of this page to make your request. Please include the name of the observer, anticipated arrival time and campaign affiliation.
The Town Clerk is the official keeper of records for the Town of Boxborough. The office handles the recording and preservation of town records, including:
- Bylaws of the Town of Boxborough
- Birth, death, marriage certificates
- Board of Appeals filings and decisions
- Recording the annual town census and street list
- Posting notification of all meetings of all town governmental bodies
- Town meeting warrant and minutes certification of all actions voted at town meetings
Permits & Licenses
The Town Clerk is responsible for issuing permits and licenses, including:
- Burial Permits
- Business Certificates
- Dog Licenses
- Marriage Licenses
- Permits for Raffles and Bazaars
The Town Clerk is the chief election officer of the town and oversees all local, state and federal elections, including:
- Certification of candidates’ nomination papers and petition articles
- Supervision of voter registration
- Issuing of absentee ballots
- Oversees local, state and federal elections
- Reporting and certifying election results
Open Meeting & Conflict of Interest Law
The Town Clerk is responsible for disseminating information on Open Meeting Law and Conflict of Interest Law.
Forms & Applications
- How, when, and where do I register to vote?
- How, when, and where do I vote?
- How do I get an absentee ballot?
- Do I need a Business Certificate (DBA)? How do I obtain one?
- How do I obtain a copy of a birth, marriage, or death certificate?
- How do I obtain a dog license?
- How do I obtain a marriage license?