Applications & Fees
The Planning Board performs long range, comprehensive plans, reviews development proposals from the planning stage to the road construction, and drafts local land use regulations. Applicants should refer to the Planning Board's Fee Schedule (PDF).
The Planning Board has developed an Abutter’s Guide to the Development Review Process (PDF) to explain what the abutter to a proposed development can expect.
Types of Review
The specific types of review performed by the Planning Board are as follows:
- Approval Not Required Plans - Subdivision of Land on Existing or Proposed Roadways
- Earth Removal Requests
- Open Space Commercial Development and Other Special Permits
- Preliminary and Definitive Subdivision Plans - Divisions of Land Creating New Roads
- Private/Common Driveway Special Permits
- Scenic Road Proposals
- Site Plans - Plans of Commercial or Multi-Family Residential Developments
The Planning Board reviews all Special Permit requests submitted to the Board of Appeals and makes recommendations to the Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBA). The Board also makes recommendations for changes to the Boxborough Zoning Bylaw (PDF) based on the long-range plans or planning studies. Changes to the Zoning Bylaw require a two-thirds-majority vote at town meeting to pass.
Regulations for Plan Review
The Board drafts regulations for plan review including: